San Francisco Public LibrariesSan Francisco, CA
Three historical libraries were renovated as part of the Branch Library Improvement Program (BLIP). Including the 6,259 SF Golden Gate Valley branch, built in 1917; 10,205 SF Presidio branch, built in 1921; and 7,432 SF Park branch, built in 1901. AlfaTech provided LEED Fundamental Commissioning for each library.
Size: 24,000 SF total
Awards & Achievements:
- LEED Silver (Presidio Library)
- LEED Gold (Park Library)
Range of energy and water conserving features such as operable windows, ceiling fans, highly efficient lighting, and low water use plumbing fixtures. Golden Gate Valley design preserved the original Beaux Arts architecture including exterior terracotta, arched windows, and interior shelving.